Thai-style Basil Rice Recipe - Food.com - 28714
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder or 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened flaked coconut, to taste (optional)
- 1In a large, heavy saucepan, melt the butter and oil together over medium heat.
- 2Add the shallots and chopped basil and cook until shallots are slightly soft, about 5 minutes; add garlic and green onion and sauté another 2 to three minutes.
- 3Add the uncooked rice and stir to coat well; sauté for 3 minutes while stirring.
- 4Mix together the water and chicken bouillon and stir until dissolved; add bouillon liquid to rice in saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 5If using, stir in red pepper and coconut flakes.
- 6Cover saucepan, reduce heat to low, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and rice is to preferred texture.
- 7Fluff with fork, serve, and enjoy.
- 8Makes 4 servings.
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/thai-style-basil-rice-28714#ixzz1wZfZ9RGO
Mo' Fresh. Mo' Betta.™